Zithromax Product Description
Zithromax is an antibiotic from the group of azalides. Its active component is Azithromycin, one of the strongest antimicrobial drugs. Azithromycin belongs to the group of macrolides and is a representative of azolide class.
The action of the drug is manifested in the inhibition of RNA-dependent synthesis of protein of microorganisms sensitive to this antibiotic. It is a biologically active to the most gram-positive and gram-negative infections including Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcuspyogenes, and also other kinds of streptococci. This medicine is also an active drug as to Legionellapneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniaeandhominis, Campylobacterspp., Treponemapallidum.
Zithromax is able both slow down the reproduction of the causative agent and completely destroy it. The effect depends on the prescribed dosage. In small doses it provides a bacteriostatic action (breaking the protein synthesis), and in high doses it shows the bactericidal effect which is directed to the destruction of the cells of microorganisms and microbes itself.
The medicine belongs to the third generation of the bactericidal drugs with minimal resistance of different pathogenic bacteria to it. This allows to use the drug during different types of the inflammatory diseases.
Directions for the use
- sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, inflammation of the middle ear and other bacterial infections of the breathing organs
- skin pathologies of the infectious etiology, infected diseases of the soft tissues: erysipelas, impetigo, dermatosis infected for the second time, diseases of organs of the urinary excretion of the microbial origin (cystitis, urethritis)
- microbial lesion of the stomach and duodenum
The Croatian scientists have conducted the clinical studies of the efficiency of the use of Zithromax during the therapy of the chronic inflammation of bronchi at the active stage. In the course of these studies it was found out that the use of Azithromycin was reasonable in the treatment of exacerbation of the chronic inflammations of bronchi and severe types of pneumonia. The efficiency of this antibiotic increases one in the identical drugs
- an obligatory conditions is the use of Zithromax one hour before meals or two hours after it. The presence of food in the stomach slows down the uptake of the active ingredients of the drug, and therefore the medication is not prescribed during meals. But the use of the drug on an empty stomach may cause the irritation of the mucous of the stomach.
- The optimal dose for the effective treatment of the infectious diseases in adults is 500 mg once per day
- Children take Zithromax taking into account the body weight. If the weight of a child is not more than 10 kg, 10 mg per kg of the body weight is prescribed per day.
- The course of the treatment should not increase 5 days.
- Zithromax is contraindicated for the use during allergy to Azithromycin, or any antibiotics from the group of macrolides
- The antibiotic must be used with high caution during severe type of arrhythmia, manifested dysfunctions of liver, or kidneys.
- It is used with caution during pregnancy and breast-feeding when the benefit from the drug use increases possible risks.
Possible Side effects
Unfortunately, most antibiotics have side effects which may appear in every patient. To make the side effects easier and prevent them it is recommended to use the medication in accordance with the doctor’s recommendations without increasing the dosage regimen and length of the treatment.
- The gastrointestinal tract may give the following reactions: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gastric pain, increase of the liver activity, big excretion of bile.
- Allergic reactions are possible especially in people predisposed to qui
- ncke's disease, anaphylactic shock, hives.
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headaches.
Where to Order azithromycin ?
Overnight (1-3 business days) For USA only