Cefadroxil Product Description
Cefadroxil is an effective antibiotic from the group of cephalosporin of the 1st generation. Cephalosporins differ from most antibacterial drugs because they have an increased resistance to beta-lactamase which destroy the active elements of the antibiotics. Cefadroxil belongs to the group of the 1st generation of cephalosporins, and therefore it does not have a complete resistance to beta-lactamase despite the high antibacterial activity. It does not block the active components of the antibiotic to effectively influence on a lot of malignant organisms. But often Cefadroxil is prescribed in combination with other antibacterial remedies of the oral use.
Cefadroxil is similarly effective in the treatment of the following causative agents: staphylococci, non-productive and productive to beta-lactamase; streptococci, pneumococci, diphtheria, and malignant anthrax, salmonella and many others.
The mechanism of the antibacterial action is conditioned by the bactericidal properties of Cefadroxil. Under the action of this drug there is a disorder of the synthesis of the components of cell membrane of bacteria. The formation of the cellular wall is disturbed as a result of which microorganisms become more sensitive to the protective mechanisms of the body, and also increased concentration of the antibiotics in the cells. This way, bacteria start dieing and the infection symptoms become weak gradually. The therapeutic effect is observed in 2-3 days after the beginning of the drug use, however the complete improvement of the health condition becomes in 5-7 days.
Directions for the use
- infectious inflammatory diseases of the organs of the urinary tract
- inflammation diseases of the lower respiratory tracts, upper respiratory tracts
- infections of skin, bones
- eye infections
- prophylaxis of the inflammatory processes after surgery
Way of use and dosage
- Cefadroxil is used orally with enough quantity of water regardless of meals.
- The average dosage for adults and children weighing more than 40 kg is 1-2 g two times (in the morning and evening)
- in case of the severe course of the infection process the dose may be temporarily increased up to 4 g 2 times. After the improvement of the health condition of the patient it is necessary to reduce the dose up to the average rate.
- Children weighing less than 40 kg are prescribed the daily dose according to the formula 40-50 mg per 1 kg of the body weight. The daily dose is divided into 2 uses.
- The minimal length of the treatment is 7 days. For severe diseases the treatment may last for 14 days.
- In case of the chronic pathologies of kidneys with the reduction of their excretory function it is necessary to reduce the daily dose for adults up to 0,5 g. If necessary, the interval of the drug use may be also increased.
- It is strictly prohibited to consume alcohol during the use of Cefadroxil.
- In case of the sharp diseases of intestine, renal failure and increased sensitivity to cephalosporin, and penicillin it is not recommended to use this antibiotic.
- A decision about using Cefadroxil during pregnancy may be made only by an attending doctor.
- It is desirable for pregnant women to find an alternative drug for the treatment. It is necessary to refuse from the breast feeding in the period of the antibacterial therapy.
Possible Side effects
The most possible side effects while using Cefadroxil may become the symptoms of the digestive tract disorder such as: stomachache, diarrhea, nausea, and nausea.
The less possible side effects may be dysfunction of kidneys, dysbacteriosis, candidosis, and skin rash.
In order to avoid the side effects it is necessary to stick to the accomplishment of all recommendations for the dosage and use of Cefadroxil.
Where to Order Cefadroxil ?
5% Discount code: SALE