Cipro Product Description
Cipro is anti-microbial remedy with wide specter of action from fluoroquinolones group. One of the most effective antibiotics from this medical group, it found wide use in medical practice. Drug has anti-bacterial action and high activity against microorganisms and parasites.
Active component of this drug is Ciprofloxacin. Its ability lays in very wide specter of pharmacologic action, including multiresistant microorganism. In case using inside, observed very high concentrations of drug in tissues and blood, that means high effectiveness of antibiotic, independent from location of infection.
Cipro is not toxic and taken very well despite the fact that producer indicates on more than wide list of possible side effects.
Mechanism of Ciprofloxacin action is connected to bactericidal attack of pathogens, particularly bacteria cell. It interrupts biosynthesis of DNA, growth and breeding of cell. It can be effective even against bacteria which resist to other fluoroquinolones. But uniqueness of Cipro lays in double mechanism of action. Besides interruption of DNA biosynthesis, given drug provokes manifested morphological changes and quick execution of bacterial cell, because of which microorganism can not only to grow and breed, but they become unable to resist to immunity.
Directions for the use
- Microbial defeat of the stomach and digestive tract
- Microbial diseases of the respiratory system
- Eye Infections
- Infections of the urinary tract and reproductive system
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Arthritis, sepsis, acne, skin infections and many other diseases
- Dose of Cipro is identified on base of infection severity, type infecting microorganism and age, body weight and functionality of patient’s kidney.
- Average regime of dosage for adult is 500mg 2 times per day.
- Dose can be increased till 750mg 2 times per day, if average dose is not able to cope with disease symptoms.
- In case of kidney functionality failure, it is needed to use minimal dose, not more than 250mg 2 times per day.
- Duration of treatment is individual in every clinical case. In average, therapy continues from 7 through 14 days, regarding correct day dose and absence of side effects.
- Children who didn’t reach age of 16 are not prescribed given drug, to prevent high risk of appearance severe side effects in children.
- Cipro is contradicted to people with presence of hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin or any other derivative to fluoroquinolones.
- It was established that ciprofloxacin provokes arthropathy, that why it’s not prescribed for pregnant or feeding women and also to growing children.
- In case of manifested atherosclerosis of brain vessels, failure of brain’s blood circulation, mental disorder, epilepsy, the drug is recommended to use with high carefulness under supervision of medical worker.
Possible Side effects
As it was mentioned, producers of Cipro indicate on quite imposing list of side reactions, which can appear within drug use. The most spread side effects are:
- From the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, impaired appetite, diarrhea,
- The nervous system: headache, dizziness, agitation, feeling of anxiety, nightmares, increased intracranial pressure, seizures
- As well as hives, increased heart rate, myalgia, frequent urination, and some other less important.
Where to Order Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) ?
Overnight (1-3 business days) For USA only