Vibramycin Product Description
Vibramycin is one of the most popular antibacterial drugs. It is not distinguished by the super-power pharmacological action and is on one level with most known antibiotics. It effectively copes with different infectious diseases which are sensitivity to its active ingredient Doxycycline.
This drug provides a strong action to many gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms especially rickettsia, Chlamydia, and mycoplasma. It is easily absorbed from the digestive tract (more than in 90%) and quickly gains the therapeutic level in the blood. The therapeutic concentration in the blood is gained in already 10 minutes. It means that after the use of the tablet the action is started almost at once and this makes the process of the treatment faster.
In comparison with other drugs from the group of tetracycline it seldom leads to the appearance of the adverse symptoms. The pharmacological action of Vibramycin is bacteriostatic. Reaching the blood the active component Doxycycline quickly penetrates into the tissues of the infected cells and goes through their protective barrier. There it provides a direct inhibiting action to the enzymes of the bacteria which produce protein for the growth and development. As a result the microorganisms lose the ability to grow and they die.
Directions for the use
- infectious affections of the organs of the respiratory system
- infections of the mucous and skin
- urino-genital infections
- infections in the abdominal cavity
- Vibramycin may be used by adults and children older than 8 years old
- The tablets should be used after meals in order to avoid the irritating action to the mucous of the stomach, and with plenty of water.
- The dosage regimen for adults is 100 mg once a day
- For severe infections the dose may be increased up to 200 mg per day for a short period of time
- For children the dosage regimen is indicated according to the formula 2 mg per 1 kg of the body weight
- The correct observance of the dosage guarantees the effective and fast treatment.
- The therapy usually lasts from 7 to 14 days depending on the type of the infectious disease.
- Vibramycin is contraindicated for children under 8 years old. Its active ingredient Doxycycline is able to influence on the development of the bones, teeth in the body of the child, and this my influence on the development.
- In case of the chronic diseases: porphyria, severe renal failure, leucopenia, myasthenia it is not recommended to take this antibiotic because its uptake will be worse than in healthy patients.
- Vibramycin is not recommended for women during pregnancy because it may break the concentration of calcium in the body and this will directly influence on the fetus.
- The woman has to use the bottle feeding of a child in case of the breast-feeding and then start the treatment.
Possible Side effects
As it was mentioned, producers of Cipro indicate on quite imposing list of side reactions, which can appear within drug use. The most spread side effects are:
- From the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, impaired appetite, diarrhea,
- The nervous system: headache, dizziness, agitation, feeling of anxiety, nightmares, increased intracranial pressure, seizures
- As well as hives, increased heart rate, myalgia, frequent urination, and some other less important.
Where to Order Vibramycin ?