Ofloxacin Product Description
Ofloxacin is an antimicrobial medical product of the broad-spectrum pharmacological action. It belongs to the group of the fluoroquinolone antibiotics. However, unlike most quinolones this remedy causes fewer side effects and is better tolerated. This is explained by the improved formula of the main active component Ofloxacin.
This antibiotic provides a bactericidal effect as to the microorganisms generating β-lactamase and quick-growing atypical mycobacteria and also most known types of the infections.
The action mechanism of the drug is directed to the destruction of the DNA structure of the morbific microorganisms. The active component penetrates into the infected cells of bacteria and prevents the further growth and development of the microorganisms affecting them from within breaking all building mechanisms including the DNA destruction. In big concentrations in the blood Ofloxacin is able to break the walls of the cells and so bacteria completely lose the ability to protect and this allows faster coping with infection and reducing severe symptoms of the disease.
Due to this the treatment usually does not increase 10 days but the improvement of the general health condition of the patient appears in 1-2 days.
Due to its high activity as to beta-lactamase the active components of the antibiotic are not broken and provide a complete pharmacological effect than other antimicrobial remedies. This gives an opportunity to use the medication when other antibiotics are ineffective.
Indications for use
- infectious inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tracts
- infectious inflammatory diseases of HENT
- infectious inflammatory diseases of bones and joints
- infectious inflammatory diseases of the abdominal cavity
- infectious inflammatory diseases of kidneys and organs of the small pelvis
- meningitis, syphilis
- The dosage regimen is selected individually depending on the localization and severity of the infection course and also sensitivity of the microorganisms, general condition of the patient and functions of liver and kidneys.
- The initial dosage for adults is 400 mg per day once, in the morning.
- Then in order to increase the efficiency it is possible to increase the dosage up to 800 mg per day but the everyday dose should be divided into 2 uses.
- The average daily dosage for children is 7,5 mg/kg of the body weight.
- Patients with functional liver failure should adjust the daily dose. The maximal everyday dose for this group of the patients is 400 mg per day, 2 times.
- It is better to take the tablets during meals.
- The drug is contraindicated for the use during pregnancy and in the period of the lactation
- Also, Ofloxacin may be contraindicated patients who are observed epilepsy, lowering of the convulsive threshold, increased sensitivity to the components of the drug, disorder of the cerebral blood circulation, and lesion of the nervous system.
- In the pediatric use it is not recommended to take the drug if a child has problems with formation of the bone tissue.
Possible Side effects
The side effects of Ofloxacin though are manifested weaker in comparison with other quinolones but they are observed in about 2-3% of the patients. However, the intensity of the side reactions may be different in each patient.
The most common side effects are nausea, diarrhea, flatulency, dizziness, tremor, spasms, stupor, and rapid heartbeat.
In rare cases there may be allergic reactions, thrombocytopenia, or hallucinations. If you have an allergy to medications, you probably have the intolerance of the active components and it means that the medications should be substituted.
Where to Order Ofloxacin?
5% Discount code: SALE