Flagyl Product Description
Flagyl is a brand name of Metronidazole. It belongs to the antiprotozoal and antimicrobial agents that affect a large number of pathogens.
The therapeutic effect of the drug is in the interaction of Metronidazole with the DNA microbe and destruction of its structure, whereby the pathogen is unable to reproduce itself. In addition to the destruction of the DNA strands, the drug interferes with the process of transportation of proteins in infected cells, because of that, the destruction of disease-causing microbes is accelerated in many times.
Because of this, the drug is highly effective with a broad spectrum of activities against pathogens such as: trichomonas, amoeba, gardnerella, Giardia, fuzobakterii, Clostridium, balantidium.
Flagyl unique feature is the rapid penetration in all cells and body fluids: kidneys, lungs, skin, bile, semen, saliva, cerebrospinal fluid, and placenta and breast milk. Thus, it makes possible to destroy germs, regardless of their location.
Indications for use
- Infectious diseases of the central nervous system: brain abscess, meningitis, sepsis.
- Protozoa infectious diseases: amebic liver abscess, intestinal and extra-intestinal amebiasis, trichomoniasis, giardiasis, Trichomonas urethritis, vaginitis.
- Infectious diseases of the abdominal cavity: liver abscesses, peritonitis.
When the drug Flagyl is used for treatment of sexually transmitted infections (trichomoniasis), treatment should be administered for both sexual partners.
- Flagyl is available in tablets for oral use, which contain 250 mg of metronidazole.
- For oral use, in the case of diagnosed amebiasis it is recommended to take the drug for a week at 500 mg three times a day
- In case of trichomoniasis, the drug is recommended to take 1 tablet of 250 mg 2 times a day for 10 days. During the treatment you should stop sexual activity. If necessary, repeat the treatment after 3 weeks.
- in case of lyambioze and amebiasis, recommended dosage is 2 tablets Flagyl 250 mg 2-3 times a day for 5-10 days.
- Take medication during a meal or immediately after a meal.
- Flagyl is contraindicated, if the patient was diagnosed with the following diseases: hepatic dysfunction, organic central nervous system disorders, leukopenia, diseases of the blood.
- Patients with allergies and Metronidazole should reject the use of this drug.
- It is absolutely contraindicated for Children under 15 years of age and pregnant women.
- If it is necessary to take treatment during lactation, a woman must to transfer the child to food additives and to give up breastfeeding.
- It is strictly forbidden to take alcohol and take drugs containing ethanol during treatment. This can cause serious side effects
Possible Side effects
Taking Flagyl, you may experience some side effects. Most often, it is the natural reaction of the body and all adverse reactions take place in the first 2-3 days of treatment. Most often, the patients reported the following side effects:
- Metallic taste and dry mouth
- Stomach: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite
- Allergic reaction
If the side effects deliver you inconvenience and greatly affect your work, contact your health care professional. Perhaps you will have a new dose or reduce the frequency of application of the drug.
Where to Order Metronidazole?
Overnight (1-3 business days) For USA only