Famvir Product Description
Famvir is a brand name of the drug famciclovir known as one of the most effective drugs for the treatment of the viral infections. Famvir has a complicated chemical structure which allows it maximally effectively fighting with viruses and inhibiting the development of the infection on the early stage.
The pharmacological action of famciclovir occurs as a result of the molecular transformations of the active components into more active forms which inhibits the replicaion of the viral DNA in them penetrating into the cells of the virus. As a result of the chemical transformations the active component famciclovir turns into penciclovir triphosphate under the influence of the cellular enzymes. This enzyme penetrates into viral cells and is thee up to 12 hours destroying the course of the infection processes of the body.
The active components of Famvir selectively penetrate into the cells. According to the results of the clinical studies there is no high concentration of penciclovir triphosphate in the healthy cells while using the therapeutic doses, and therefore the processes which take place in the infected cells do not provide the influence on the non-infected cells.
The resistance to Famvir develops rarely unlike other drugs, and therefore this drug is meant for the long-term antiviral therapy and the body reacts well to the therapeutic properties of the drug.
Directions for the use
- infections caused by Varicella zoster virus (herpes zoster) including ophthalmic herpes and postherpetic neuralgia
- infections caused Herpes simplex virus (type 1 and 2)
- genital herpes
- chicken pox
- prophylaxis of herpes virus during the attack of the chronic infection and also relief of the relapse infections
Famvir is indicated for the patients with the reduced immunity (including HIV) as a supplementary protection.
Way of use and dosage
- Famvir is released in the tablets for the oral use with plenty of water. The tablets may be used at any time of thе day both before and after meals.
- The dosage regimen should be prescribed according to the clinical form of the disease and level of the disease severity.
- For herpes zoster it is necessary to take 1 tablet of 250 mg 3 times a day within 7 days.
- During the development of the postherpetic neuralgia it is recommended to take 500 mg 3 times a day within 7 days.
- During the relapses of the chronic infections adults are prescribed 125 mg 2 times a day within 5 days. The use of the tablets are taken during the first symptoms of the disease.
- Patients with low immunity are recommended taking not less than 500 mg 3 times a day within 10 days.
- The adjustment of the dosage and/or change of the treatment schedule are possible only during the chronic diseases of kidneys and also change of the severity level of the viral infection.
- increased sensitivity to famciclovir or any of the drug components is a contraindications for the use of Famvir
- during the treatment of the genital herpes it is necessary to follow a high cautious and refuse from the intimacy if possible.
- As the influence of Famvir on fetus has not been clinically studied doctors do not recommend taking the drug during pregnancy if the potential risk is higher than the expected benefit.
- It is needed to refuse from the breast feeding during the use of the tablets.
Possible Side effects
According to the results of the clinical studies a high pharmacological safety of Famvir has been proved. Patients (including those with low immunity) rarely faced the side effects.
Doctors state that headache, nausea, stomach upset are probable.
In case of the individual intolerance the patient may develop the allergic reaction but in this case the further treatment should be terminated.
Where to Order Famvir ?
5% Discount code: SALE