Ampicillin Product Description
Ampicillin is an antibacterial drug from the group of penicillin which affects a lot of the bacterial causative agents: aerobic grampositive bacteria, aerobic gramnegative bacteria, and also some strains of Haemophilus influenza and enterococci. It shows a high active therapeutic action due to which it may be used for the treatment of the infections of the middle and severe level of the severity.
Ampicillin provides a bactericidal action which consists in the disorder of the formation of peptidoglycane, a cellular wall of the dividing microorganism. As a result of the destruction of the cellular wall there is lysis of bacteria and their further growth and development are impossible.
Peptidoglycane has a high acid resistance but it is destroyed under the action of penicillin. It starts acting after the use of the first dose and it well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Due to the fast distribution in most tissues and organs Ampicillin has a high pharmacological efficiency as to broad spectrum of the infectious diseases regardless of their localization and level of the severity.
Directions for the use
- Bronchitis (including chronic form)
- Simultaneous infectious inflammation of bronchi and lungs
- Cholecystitis – inflammation of biliary
- Sepsis – infection of the blood
- Infections of intestine and organs of the digestive system (including caused by colon bacillus)
- Gonorrhea – infectious inflammatory affection of the genitals
- Before starting the use of the antibiotic Ampicillin it is needed to determine the sensitivity to its microflora causing the disease in the patient. It is needed in order to indicate the dosage regimen and efficiency of the antibiotic in this clinical case.
- Adults should start the treatment from the low doses – one tablet of Ampicillin 500 mg 2-3 times a day.
- To increase the therapeutic effect it is possible to increase the daily dose up to 2-3 g for severe infectious diseases.
- Children are prescribed the daily dose 100 mg per 1 kg of the body weight and it is also divided into 4-6 equal uses.
- The length of the treatment depends on the severity of the condition and efficiency of the therapy. For the infections of the middle severity the therapy usually lasts not more than 5-10 days, the treatment may be up to 2-3 weeks and more in case of the severe infections.
It is very important to follow the dosage regimen and prescription of the doctor because the incorrect use of the antibiotic may lead to the severe side effects especially in children.
- Ampicillin is contraindicated children younger than 2 months, during hepatic failure, lymphatic leukemia, and also acute diseases of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract of non-infectious origin.
- As the active components of Ampicillin easily penetrate through the placental barrier and into breast milk the use of this drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and in the period of lactation.
- For the bronchial asthma the patient may need to reduce the general daily dose or change this antibiotic to another one.
- In case of the prolonged use of the drug it is necessary to control the functioning of organs of the blood formation, kidneys, and liver.
Possible Side effects
The reliable data obtained in the course of the clinical studies of Ampicillin drug have indicated that the use of the antibiotic in the range of the allowed dosage regimen does not lead to the severe side effects. The most common side effects are headache, tremor, spasms, dizziness, and insomnia.
In case of the appearance of the severer side effects of the organs of the blood formation or allergic reactions the use of Ampicillin should be temporarily terminated, and a doctor must be consulted.
Buy Ampicillin no prescription